The most important and original room in the house was and remains the kitchen. Here the whole family gathers after a long day, exchanges news, spends time with friends, and, of course, prepares food. This multifunctional and unique room needs a special decor. Perhaps the most common design technique is the combination of wallpaper in the kitchen – this allows you to create the necessary spatial illusions and accents. Looking through the photos of such combinations, you will certainly notice how such combinations are reflected in the geometry of the room – with their help you can expand the space, make a ceiling above or level off unsuccessful proportions.
In addition, attractive options for combining wallpaper in the interior are ideal for the arrangement of combined rooms, studio apartments or individual kitchens, not differing in size. With the help of correctly selected combinations you can:
- Eliminate the consequences of unsuccessful repairs;
- Divide the room into zones according to functions (working and dining);
- Hide the errors of the original layout;
- Combine adjacent rooms, while ensuring the individuality in the interior of each of them;
- Create a dynamic design;
- Provide attention to architectural features (for example, columns);
- Arrange the right accents.
Combination by rules
Looking at the photos, you can only enjoy successful design findings. But the decision to combine the wallpaper yourself can lead to much worse results – only if you do not comply with the basic rules:
- Different price categories are not combined. The material should belong to the same segment, but it can differ in both texture and color. Beginners will use the collections correctly, in which the main colors and wallpaper-companions are represented.
- It is better, when combined strips of the same length – so it’s easier to pick up the fringing and to join the covers.
- Wallpaper should look harmonious in the kitchen interior;
- Well, when the material corresponds to the tone of the facades of kitchen furniture or shades of household appliances (it does not have to copy them, but it must necessarily harmonize).
- Photos of successful kitchen designs always show steadiness. To do this, bright colors are combined with calm neutral, wallpaper with large prints are combined with a monophonic wall.
Advice! Do not forget about the preliminary planning. First, choose the color and texture of the material (for small kitchens – light shades that do not hide space), and then – calculate the number of rolls based on the area of the room.
It is also important for you to create a combined surface. In the photo there are about 20 interior options, but the most popular are four.
Vertical zoning of walls
Combining wall-paper in the kitchen vertically is an opportunity to balance a narrow, long room, as well as an excellent way to visually lift the ceiling. Almost always for vertical zoning use wallpaper with stripes. Here you can choose the following solution:
- Symmetrical: the walls of the kitchen are covered with wide stripes on both sides of the center. Here, contrasting materials, distracting with expressive lines from disproportions in the room, are perfect;
- Asymmetric: a material with wide stripes adorns one wall, and all others are decorated with different-sized stripes. This solution looks in the interior dynamically and helps to make the kitchen wider.
Correctly arrange visual accents can be a combination of motley bands with monochrome. In addition, it is an excellent way to avoid boredom in a monochrome design – for this, canvases of different shades alternate as 1-1 or 1-2. It turns out a wonderful color game. However, you need to monitor the contrast of combinations, so that the room as a result is not too aggressive. Of course, you can use bold combinations: red-blue, crimson-green, but fans of traditional design often choose quiet contrasts: red-black or white-black; blue-gold. In the photo, each of these options looks amazing.
Way of horizontal combination
This option is used in the kitchen with high ceilings and works perfectly in the interior of any style. The division of walls in the horizontal plane is a favorite method of decorators, when it is necessary to transform an overstretched up room.
The simplest variant of horizontal combination in the interior is the alternation of wallpaper of different colors and textures, echoing with each other and combined with the kitchen.
Advice! Almost all styles can use a combination of wallpaper with a cork or wood panels.
When horizontally combined, the height of the wall is divided as 1 to 2, with a less wide band at the bottom. There are many classic combinations, each of which looks more luxurious in the interior on the photo:
- The top with geometric patterns, damask, large flowers or stripes, the bottom – monophonic or with small drawings;
- Bottom with prominent, massive, expressive ornament (geometric or floral), top – monochrome;
- The bottom is striped, the top – with a small pattern or monophonic.
Attractively look the options, selected in one color scheme. The main thing is also to choose the right border, with the appropriate color and theme of the picture.
As for the height reference, it can be realized to the level of the window sill. If the ceilings are very high, then the lower part should occupy 2/3 of the room.
When horizontally combining, you will also need a separator – a special molding, curb, a bar.
Advice! You can combine contrasting materials or wallpaper of similar shades. In any case, do not forget about the game of invoices. So, the relief vinyl wallpaper, imitating plaster, is amazingly combined with soft textile options.
We allocate an accent wall
The accent wall is one of the favorite design techniques for zoning and decorating kitchens. The following photos show examples of zoning of the dining area in the interior.
However, it is very important not to lose balance. In most cases, the accent wall is decorated with bright colors, but at the same time the headset and adjacent walls should be restrained.
The wallpaper can emphasize the beauty or make the kitchen set more interesting by decorating the wall from his side.
In addition, this method will create an excellent accent on the architectural nuances of the room. After all, wall niches and projections do not have to be hidden at all – you can distinguish them by decorating them with wallpaper that differ in color and / or texture.
Combination in patchwork technique
Patchwork technique combining wallpaper – one of the most difficult to implement. But the result is amazing, as evidenced by the photo.
After all, as a result, you get a motley quilted blanket, only on the wall. This way of combination is sure to suit those who can not stop their choice on any one option and at the same time admire the variety of color and textural solutions in collections.
However, the wallpaper still have to choose – and much more carefully, using a sense of proportion and style.
And do not be fooled by a photo with an interior that looks playful, cute and childishly naive. After all, the implementation of such equipment in practice is quite complicated. It is important not only to correctly and harmoniously pick up materials, but also to work with a large number of disparate pieces – and to get a beautiful result you will need considerable patience.
Other interesting solutions
One of the most popular methods of combination is also the use of photo wallpapers. Among such decor you can choose a thematic solution for the kitchen interior – a still life, a street with a cafe, wheat fields and so on. The best accommodation is in the dining area.
An interesting decision on the photo looks and decoration of the wall elements of wallpaper on top of the already existing finishes. To do this, from the most suitable for the style of cutting the most attractive elements and place them in a frame of curbs. Inserts can be made difficult in form – for neoclassical style or square, rectangular – for baroque.
Advice! For such combinations it is better to take massive strong wallpaper on nonwoven.
Once again about a combination of textures and colors
Contrasting colors and textures look simply amazing, but it is very careful to select combinations, so as not to achieve a negative effect.
Well combined with each other shades of one color group – for example, brown with beige, pink and red. No less advantageous will also look combinations of textures, canvases with three-dimensional relief and smooth surfaces.
But the canvases with too variegated or complex patterns do not combine, because the contrast here will be invisible. In addition, the central bright panel must certainly be framed with smooth monochrome panels.