We are preparing for the new year
The New Year is a time of magic, when not only children, but even adults, live expecting a miracle. Already at the end of November we plan to celebrate the holiday, buy gifts for loved ones and slowly begin to decorate the house. The kitchen is the place where the holiday begins. It is here that we will cut the ingredients for the beloved Olivier under the New Year music or the jokes of Ivan Urgant, in between cooking – to drink champagne and eat mandarins, and if the size of the kitchen is large, we can even meet New Year here. So the New Year’s decor also begins with the kitchen. We begin a series of articles on how to make your kitchen the most elegant and New Year’s cozy; thanks to our advice you will learn the best ideas of the New Year decoration of the kitchen with your own hands. Today – TOP 10 ideas on how to decorate the kitchen of any suit and size.
Ten New Year’s Ideas
- Red is the New Year’s must have. The colors traditionally associated with the New Year and Christmas are red and green. Green color will be quite enough in the form of a Christmas tree in any of the rooms and in some other small things, but red can become the main accent in festive decoration. Red details will equally effectively look at any color performance of kitchen furniture, whether laconic white or classic shades of wood. How do you like the idea of a New Year kitchen design with red details in our photos?
- Aromas are the key to a festive mood. If for some reason you do not put natural spruce or pine at home, you can buy spruce branches and put them on top of the kitchen set. The fragrance will stand astounding, and the look will create a smart! We traditionally decorate the kitchen for the New Year, so why not make sure that it smells like New Year’s?
Little secret: you can buy tangerine essential oil and apply a few drops on the branches. Thus, your kitchen will be filled with the classic New Year aroma of spruce and tangerines.
Advice for the hostesses: bake ginger biscuits and hang it on ribbons all over the kitchen. Baked with their own hands, it will please the eye and soul. And how it smells!
- Decorating a chandelier – why not? For example, you can wrap it with a matte tinsel of green color, and hang the balls on the ceiling. The higher your close – the shorter the ribbons will be.
We are in favor of fire safety, so make sure that the tinsel does not heat up from long contact with the lamps.
- Tapes on the door. They can be openwork, in polka dots, minimalistic, they can even be attached with pegs postcards, which are sent to you by friends and relatives! You can fix the tapes to a transparent double-sided adhesive tape, and the tapes are sold, for example, in the department of festive packaging. You will see, the kitchen will immediately change!
Tip: Collect old Soviet cards (for example, your parents) and hang on beautiful ribbons. You and your loved ones will remember with pleasure the good wishes from the past written on them, which make these postcards truly magical and unique.
- Decor of the refrigerator and kitchen door. If your loved ones are all right with a sense of humor, and even more so if you have children, you can make a snowman from the refrigerator with your own hands. For this, only dense colored paper, scissors and double-sided scotch are needed. In addition, if you have a door in the kitchen, you can hang an improvised snowman, assembled from tinsel, glued from paper, or even twisted from branches! We decided to show you a variety of “snowman” ideas in the photo.
- What is written with a pen … You can buy ready-made interior letters and put together any New Year’s slogan or word. Or, if you have a chalky black board in your kitchen – write and draw something chalk on it. Letters can also create a New Year’s original window decor – look at the ones we found. Well, these masters can do such decorations with their own hands from improvised materials!
- “Hole” the window in the New Year! Window decoration is the creation of a New Year’s mood not only for yourself but for those around you, because it is visible not only to you, but also to passers-by and residents of neighboring houses. The easiest way is to hang a garland around the curtain and turn it on with the onset of the evening. More creative hostesses can build by their own hands some simple figures from a garland on a glass – a Christmas tree or a snowman. And scotch to help you! We will show you other ideas of window decor with the following article.
- Berry decoration. Holly is a plant that is traditionally decorated with a house for the New Year. It looks great in small vases, jugs, it can even be used for Decoration of candlesticks! Alternatives to the holly may come from the branches of mountain ash, hawthorn, and in addition, you can find an artificial one. In our photos you can get interesting ideas for juicy “berry” decor of the kitchen for the new year.
- The new life of grandmother’s cans. Do you still have a lot of cans from the pickles that Grandma shares with you? Great, they just come in handy for the new year! Ideas for decor can be very different: tie the neck with string (you can find it in hardware stores) and throw inside the cones; fill with artificial snow and put a candle inside – a New Year candlestick is ready! You can fill a jar with ordinary cotton wool, and you can put figurines of animals inside – a real New Year tree right in your kitchen! Other ideas for using cans you can see in the photos. Look – many of the proposed options can be done by yourself.
- New Year sweets. Sweets for the new year is always bought a lot. And how do you like this “sweet” New Year decor in the kitchen, like in photos? Here, just banks that can be filled with sweets for every taste. Why not measure time before the new year, eating a candy a day? Or, perhaps, you love to bake sweets with your own hands – they can also fill jars! And there are always guests, than to treat.
Tip: for those who adhere to proper nutrition or do not want to gain weight for the new year: can fill jars of nuts, dried fruits or candied fruit. And close the lid tightly!
We remind: all in moderation. Remember that the amount of New Year decor should be comparable to the size of the kitchen. The greater the footage of the kitchen – the greater the scope it is possible. Therefore, in a small kitchen within 10 m², for example, the decor of windows, chandeliers and lockers will suffice. And, of course, the New Year’s table and its serving! Articles about this wait very soon.
We hope, with our help, you learned how to decorate the kitchen for the New Year best. And we wish you pleasant troubles and preparations for the New Year 2018!
See also the material: 6 ideas for crafts in the form of roosters.